This week we are going to tackle the subject of oil! Cannabinoids, such as THC and CBD, are lipophilic, meaning they are fat soluble. What that means for you is that you can infuse just about any oil to make a cannabis infusion. Today we are using coconut oil, because I like to use it in recipes where I think a little hint of coconut might taste good. Here’s how to do it!
1/2 cup Coconut Oil (or whatever oil you want to infuse)
3.5 gram (1/8th oz) Cannabis
Coffee Filter (or something else to strain your oil)
Pot of Water
- Decarb your cannabis. If you need to know how to do that, check out our cannabutter video.
- Combine oil and decarbed cannabis in a mason jar and put it in a pot of simmering water.
- Let that infuse for 2-3 hours.
- Let the oil cool so it’s safe to handle.
- Strain the oil.
- Enjoy in your favorite recipe that requires oil. Or just eat some of it.