Over the Christmas holiday, I took a much-needed break from filming to brainstorm some ideas for new videos. Don’t worry, gummies are on the way. Anyway, while brainstorming, Fire Leaf Dispensary contacted me about doing a collab, because they have a show kitchen set up in their Stockyards location.
The crew and I met up with Allison, Fire Leaf’s director of marketing, to get a tour of their grow, dispensary, and show kitchen — and see what kind of videos we could make with them. We met Executive Chef Joe Giacobbe and his crew, and they were beyond gracious with their time and space, showing us how they go about making all their edibles.
After seeing what they had to offer, I knew I wanted to give their WOOZie infused oil a try. They infuse 100mg of THC in just 2ml of MCT oil that is nearly flavorless and can be mixed into almost anything you want. The only thing they said you can’t do with it is sauté, as the amount of heat involved could burn off the THC.
Now, I’m a big fan of Fire Leaf’s cereal bars, and Chef Joe suggested we show you guys just how easy it is to make them, using their WOOZie infused oil. If you want to medicate your food but are worried about decarbing flower, infusing — and especially dosing — give it a try.
This recipe makes 20 servings. For 5mg THC per serving, use one vial of WOOZie; for 10mg use two; and so on. We used three vials of WOOZie to yield 15mg per cereal bar.
3 TBSP unsalted butter
10-ounce bag of marshmallows (or 4 cups of mini marshmallows)
6 cups of any cereal you want. I went with them Fruity Boys, because they are my favorite.
1 or more vials of WOOZie (we used three)
Pot big enough for all the ingredients
13 x 9-inch baking dish
- Melt butter over medium heat, taking care not to burn it.
- Once the butter is completely melted, add marshmallows (with sound effects) and melt completely before continuing, so mixing the cereal in is easier later. Keep it moving as not to burn the marshmallows.
- Add your cereal, and make a well in the middle.
- Add the WOOZie to the well, and gently fold everything together to combine.
- Dump your cereal bar mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan lined with parchment paper and lightly coated with non-stick spray.
- Gently spread out your cereal bar mix to make an even layer that reaches all the corners.
- Leave to set, about 15 to 20 minutes, and then portion it into 20 equal bars.